Group Show @ Arts for Act
2265 First Street, Fort Myers, Florida
July 3rd 2015
Group Show @ Arts for Act
2265 First Street, Fort Myers, Florida
July 4th 2014
I Heart Art Wassaic Project Fundraiser
WORK Gallery 65 Union Street, Brooklyn NY 11231
April 17th, 2010
1pm - 5pm
Group Show at 350 West Broadway
Feb.25th-May 22th 2010
531 West 25th
Manhattan NY Nov. 2 2009
Apt 44b Show
44 Berry st.
Thursday, June 4th, 2009 6-10pm
Pratt Institute Symposium 2009
Critics: Joao Ribas, Rocio Aranda-Alvarado, Eleanor Heartney, and Lia Gangitano (also 2009 juror, Participant Inc.)
MFA Thesis exhibition Do You See What I See?
Jan.26th-30th 2009 Steuben South Galleries A,B,C, & D at Pratt Institute
Group Thesis Exhibition
Pratt Manhattan Gallery
Thursday May 14th, 2009 6-8 pm
Riverdale Country School - 1992-2002, for late Elementary, Middle, and High school
Bard College - BA Philosophy
Pratt Institute – MFA Fine Arts, Installation
Passed the NY DOS real-estate exam in 2010
Attended Investment Banking Institute’s 8-session program on company valuation taking place on Saturdays and Sundays during July and August of 2011
Second ACT Thriftstore Clerk (December 2015-present)
-Hanging, tagging, and pricing clothing
-Returning items from the "go-backs" rack to the floor
-Placing items on the floor for sale
-Organizing various parts of the Second Act Thrift Store
-Entering volunteer hours and customer emails into the appropriate online software
-Creating various forms (ex: volunteer application, gift certificates, name tags, etc.)
-Creating and posting online ads with images for the store
ACT Abuse Counseling Treatment (Volunteer August 2015 & September 2016)
-Made phone calls and sent follow up e-mails to local businesses in an attempt to gather raffle and auction items for the “Winter White Party” fundraising event.
-Made formatting and grammatical revisions of three of the organization's manuals.
-Performed data entry tasks to keep track of Auction items and packages
-Executed various other office/clerical tasks such as generating reports from Greater Giving and email correspondence with participants.
150 South Macquesten Pkywy Mount Vernon, N.Y. 10550
May 2010 – Sept 2011
-Conceived of scanning system of invoices to create a virtual data base of invoices, payments, shipping tickets, etc.
- If the main person in charge of doing this were unavailable, I could create rudimentary layouts using 20/20 design from field drawing to forward to the person in charge of the CAD/C&C Machine for production of kitchen parts.
- Created Price lists, using Microsoft Excel, for a new line of doors to be manufactured, sold, and installed by the company.
- Created a presentation comparing the company’s full kitchen installations completed in tandem with granite and /or banjo top installations or on their own. This presentation was completed with a Venn Diagram executed in Adobe Photoshop to display the information in conjunction with a Microsoft Excel tri-column spreadsheet.
- Created invoices using QuickBooks for partial kitchen repairs, full kitchen installations, granite countertop, and banjo top installation.
- Created estimates using QuickBooks for partial kitchen repairs, full kitchen installations, granite countertop, and banjo top installation.
- Created Cabinet/Spec Sheet/Drawer order forms using Microsoft Excel to facilitate the companies manufacturing endeavors.
- Kept track of damaged and healthy door inventory during times of heavy production when shipments came in on inadequately packed skids.
-Created a logo using Adobe Photoshop to incorporate the KCMAA certification recently earned by the company with it’s operational information to be displayed on it’s letterhead, in email signatures, and on invoices, estimates, and other official documents.
The Brooklyn Rail (Intern)
99 Commercial Street # 32 Brooklyn, N.Y. Intermittently between January 2008 & August 2010
- Transcribed interviews
- Copy Edited interviews, reviews, and fiction.
160 Varick St, Manhattan NY for the month of November 2009.
- Controlled the twitter lists for WNYC. Gathered twitter accounts related to art, music, and film for the “WNYCculture” twitter account.
- Gathered photographers from various flickr groups for the "NY Moments" section of the site.
- Compiled a list of music photographers and obtained written consent in order for WNYC to use their images via the Internet.
Like the Spice (Gallery Assistant/Intern)
Gallery in Williamsburg, NY 11211 from September 2006 through May 2007.
-Largely responsible for installing exhibitions.
-Assisted the Gallerist with managing the space.
- Created an itinerary for the Gallerist for her first trip to Art Basel/Miami and was responsible for the Gallery while she was gone
-Assisted in the Development of exhibitions while conducting research in order to effectively communicate with patrons, collectors, and press.
Fisher Center for the Performing Arts (Box Office Salesperson & Tour Guide)
Bard College, Annandale - on - Hudson NY from June through August of 2004 & 2005.
- Conducted tours of the Theater
-Answered multi-line phone system selling, exchanging, and reissuing tickets using Ovation ticketing software in a high paced environment while remaining friendly and efficient.
-Served as the personal lunch chef for Peter Schneider during the summer of 2005 in addition to box office duties.
Hunt Oil Company Graphics Intern
Summer of 2002
- Catalogued graphics for the company.
- Assisted in the use of the printing press.
Women for Afghan Women – Midtown, NY (Summer Assistant/Intern under Masuda Sultan and Manizha Naderi)
The organization has moved to Queens. I worked from July 2003 to August 2003 & from June 2002 through August 2002.
-Traveled to Afghanistan to assist the program director of the organization, Masuda Sultan, in preparation of their annual women's conference which involved coordinating women from each Provence of Afghanistan to convene and draft a bill of Women's Rights for the Afghan Constitution.
- researched grant options and related news in order to complete and submit grant applications.
Video Editing experience Summer of 2009:
“Up Heart Break Hill” Director – Erica Sharf
Transcribed footage for documentary
“Monogamy” Director – Dana Shapiro
Edited mini scenes for the director, grouped clips to be cut, converted clips for use
“American Bollywood” Director – Laurie Gwen Shapiro
Edited 100 hours of footage into a 10-minute trailer
Proficient in following programs:
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut video editing software (only up to 7) (decent with audio as well - currently using Logic Pro X but not to full capacity)